Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Let's Not Forget Forget Eye Shadows, Liners, and Brows

Makeup so pure you can sleep in it
By Newtown grafitti
     The next thing I needed to consider was eye shadow, eye liner or pencil and a brow pencil.
I don't mean the color, although that for me has got to be the worst part since I'm not really into wearing eye shadow too often like I used to.  Plus there are so many colors to choose from.  In fact, sometimes it's fun to look at old pictures and you can predict the year it is by the color of everyones eye shadow.  Not to mention clothing and hair styles.

       The first website I found was myearthnaturalcosmetics.  While the makeup looks like it has great ingredients I just couldn't force myself to pay $22, plus shipping from Australia.  That's just for an eyebrow pencil.  Now if I go back to some of the other websites that I do like, they do have eyebrow powder.  I've never tried that and it does seem like something worth trying.  My eyebrows are a bit thin, and to add to the problem they get bleached out from the sun.  I never bothered with eyebrow makeup until just a couple years ago. 

     Next I found this, maiasminerals which has the pencil for $18, but I couldn't find an up front cost on shipping.  I am really fussy about a retailer/store stating everything up front.  Plus, if it's my first time to use a website I always make sure to get reviews, not just on the product, but on the customer service. 
earthsbeauty has pencil for $10.50 with great ingredients. 

   Any of the places that carry mineral makeup will almost always carry the eye shadows also.  The pencil was the most difficult to track down, then also have decent colors and prices.  I'll probably have to use one of the special sites such as earths beauty to get a good pencil, otherwise I'll have to settle for an eyeliner pencil that will work for brows.  It did appear that quite a few of the sites that had the organic eyebrow pencils were based in the UK.  Come on America, get with it. 
   I never did find a perfect ingredient eye pencil/brow, liner or otherwise.  I still would use that over an ordinary makeup from the local drugstore just based on a comparison of ingredients. 
  
     Until then, I will continue my search for organic/natural ingredient eye products.
  

Links:
etsy- this is a cool place to look for most anything, great for looking for gifts

My Delight Online-  carries a variety of makeup, and it lists the ingredients.  Prices are about average to high depending on what you want to spend.  The pencil, $10.

amazon.com-Organic MakeUp-  I would have expected amazon to have a bit more to choose from

No comments:

Post a Comment